Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat – with so many social networks, who can keep up? The list of social media networks keeps growing, but with only 24 hours in a day, how do you know if social media marketing is worth your time?
Let’s start at the beginning.
Questions to ask yourself about social media marketing
- What do you want social media to do for you? Are you looking to grow your audience? Maybe you want to increase engagement, generate new leads, or even provide customer service. Social media is unlike any other form of marketing, so before beginning you’ll want to decide if social media can market your message better than email, paid advertising, or any other form of marketing.
- Who do you want to target? Are you trying to target stay at home moms, millennials, or kids? How about working professionals or seniors? Your answer will determine which social media network is right for you.
- Which network do you want to focus on? The seven social networks mentioned above are just the beginning – there are more! Do you want to try to be active on every platform, or focus on a narrower audience?
- Do you want to spend money? Organic social media growth is wonderful – if you have time for it. Organic growth tends to be slow, but you can make your life easier by paying someone to do it for you or accelerate your growth by paying for social media advertising.
- Do you have time? This is the biggie. Many businesses start marketing on social media with the best intentions, but realize it soon takes up the majority of their day. You have to decide if you have the time to dedicate to it, and if not, decide if you’d like to pay someone to handle the responsibility for you.
While it seems like a lot of work (and it is!) the potential payoff is huge. Social media marketing can lead to many benefits including building your brand, increasing your website traffic, boosting your website ranking, increasing sales, lowering your marketing cost and increasing your lead generation.
Regardless of the amount of work, you probably want to be on social media. If you need help, contact us – were here for you 24/7.